I do my planning on Wednesday afternoons. I sit down, think on what we got through the prior week, and how that ought to translate to the coming week. Last week, we made it through Lesson 1 of Hooked on Phonics, and three math lessons. This week, I set us up to do another HoP lesson, and four math lessons. No worries.
Math is progressing as expected - still at double time according to the general timetable - but since I'm still trying to find his limits, as opposed to just teaching him mew ways of doing things he already knows, I'm okay with that. I knew he was good at most of the math before we started, so plowing through it is nothing too new.
Reading, on the other hand... I have no idea how to plan at this point. He finished lesson 2 yesterday, and blew through the first third of lesson 3 today. At the rate he's going, he'll finish lesson 3 this week, and lesson 4, possibly 5, next week. This means he will be done with the first half of the level in about two months. Each level is assigned a graded year. He is likely to finish a half school year of reading education this summer. I'm reeling. The next question, of course, becomes "how do I plan for next week?!?" ^_^ I think I'm just going to try to keep up, and see where he goes. He doesn't know he's doing work intended for much older children, and I haven't any intention of telling him, so he just goes ahead and does his work at his own pace... and we'll see how high he flies.
Sunday, June 10, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment