Sunday, May 27, 2012

Odd day.

Today is an odd day.

School went swimmingly.  LP flew through both reading and math, and there are a few games he's not quite getting that we'll work on as we go, but aside from that, he's still flying through the lessons.  This is always good news.

I've been debating putting in a temporary wall in the basement.  That way we could have a little schoolroom, even if we might not use it all the time, that wouldn't have the disturbances that the kitchen table does - the kids outside, the weather, cars or trucks...  All that stuff.  But, I need a room that is free from cat-interference, too.  Last thing I want is LP's work on whatever project he's doing to be scattered to the four winds, or worse, peed on.  So, I was thinking of putting in a temporary wall.  I don't know how well such a thing would hold, though, so I'm a little leery of it.  We'll see how it goes.

In the meantime, I'm irritable about the neighbor kids.  I really dislike that they're so poorly behaved (seriously, they come by the backyard to taunt or shoot squirt guns at LP with only a very rare few saying "why would you do that?") that I can't send LP out to play unsupervised in the backyard.  I can't, for example, leave him in the yard to put my clothes in the dryer.  Why not?  Because the kids come by and encourage him to climb over the fence.  If we weren't within 100 feet of a major thoroughfare, I wouldn't be keeping such a close eye on him, but we are.  So his hopping the fence is a big deal.  I also can't just let him run and play, because these same kids are jerks enough to egg him out into traffic, and as he's THREE, the promise of "I'll be your best friend!" holds a lot of weight over a social only child.  I'm very glad we have play dates on the near horizon with the girls next door, a girl from homeschool parents' meeting, and hopefully a park hop coming up nearby with a LOT of other kids as well.  He needs the positive outlet (he's glommed straight onto the WORST POSSIBLE KID - yes, the stalker child - as his new buddy), and I could use a break from having to constantly tell him no, these kids who throw rocks at each other, swing tree branches at the door, spray things at him, and teach him how to make "MUD BAAAAAALLLLLLLS!" in his sandbox can NOT come into the yard.  >.<;;  I really wish we had our back fence completed.

Anyhow.  No more griping, I'm done with it!  On to my positive day!

No comments:

Post a Comment